Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Confessions 8.17.12

Confessions, confessions!!

I confess that I have really enjoyed "pet" sitting for my best bud while she relaxes on Tybee Island this week. It's not your normal dog & cat setup. Well, she does have a cat and 4 dogs and I am feeding them. But there are also 3 horses, 3 hens, 1 rooster and a donkey named Reggie. Here are a few snapshots....

The donkey


The cat - was about to jump on me....
The chickens....

Fresh eggs...have gotten 10 in three days.


Stalker horse


Precious
It's been a nice change of pace for me, and my friend would do anything for me - the best kind to have.

I confess that I finished my Ten Days to a Better Me challenge this week. You can read my results about that adventure here. It was a great experience and I'm looking forward to the next step - a 90 Day Challenge! Whew!

I confess that yesterday was a celebration day at work - we survived a bad summer, so there was pizza, ice cream, cake...and I confess that I splurged. I was really glad that this was planned for the day AFTER my 10-day challenge ended.  I don't feel guilty. I have my written plan, and a splurge was factored in, so back to the healthy carbs and good stuff today. Five mile run/walk this morning too - my second 5 mile this week!

When I headed home from feeding all the animals last night there was a lovely sun setting. My friend lives on a lake, and I stopped in someone's yard to catch a snapshot. While I was standing there, iphone in hand, in someone's driveway - this woman hollers something at me...I couldn't make it out. "Sorry, I didn't catch that," says I. "Would you like to come out behind the house to get your picture?" says the woman. How sweet. They had lakefront property and she was offering me a better shot. I politely declined, saying thanks very much. It shouldn't be such a surprise that are still so many kind and decent people around, but when they are kind to me, I confess, I am always a little startled and sometimes unprepared. It warmed my heart. Here's the picture:



What are you confessing this week? Head over to Dandelion Wishes to join the confessing!

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous photo! And how fun having a whole conglomerate of animals to care for! I would love that.

    Splurging now and again is a part of life....it should include food too. And I don't say that just because I splurged on wine last night :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your blog - so funny! I've really enjoyed the farm this week - very peaceful. tonight's my last night. Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful shot of the sunset.

    Splurge days are a must.

    Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous sunset. Views like that always calm me. That was so sweet of the homeowner to offer you a better shot. I wish more people were like that.

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments - thanks for leaving me one!