Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Better Me Day Two (8 to go)

I woke up a little after midnight with a splitting headache. I'm sure it was the toxins crying out for more junk in my body. Only one healthy day, and my body rebels. That should tell you what kind of a diet I've had lately. I was awake about an hour, then drifted into a very deep sleep.

This morning did not start well. Yesterday my alarm didn't go off at all. Today it alarmed on schedule at 6:15am, and I immediately hit the snooze button - about 4 times in a row. Then turned it off completely, and when I woke up it was 8:05am. Ugh! Not good! And I really should have washed my hair this morning, especially since I knocked out 3 miles last night in high humidity, but just no time.

I texted the girls at work and let them know I was running late, and then focused on getting my food ready. No time for the blender, so I broke out my new blender bottle for my shake this morning. It has a little wire ball inside that mixes everything up. It worked really well.

I had all my food ready in the frigde, so I just had to throw it in my lunch bag this morning. It really helps me to take a few minutes each night to get my snacks/lunch ready. 

Lunch today was soooo good. I had sauteed veggies last night, and made enough for my chicken pita sandwich today. I heated the veggies with some raw spinach in the microwave and it was just really good. I also had a couple slices of an heirloom tomato and 1/3 of an avocado. When I stuffed it in the pita, it all fell apart, so I just cut it up and ate it like a salad. I used my balsamic dressing to drizzle on it all.  For dessert I had a Minneola tangerine. A great meal. Can you tell that I really enjoyed this lunch? Everyone at the table kept telling me how good it looked. And the best part? It was healthy! 

Here is my food for the day:

B - Shake w/ PB2 & unsweetened almond milk
MS - plain fat-free Fage greek yogurt & strawberries - I really like the plain Fage, even though it's 0% fat - it tastes creamy to me.
L - Grilled chicken pita w/ veggies & avocado, tangerine
AF - small apple w/ peanut butter
D - Salad w/ grilled chicken, sunflower seeds, strawberries, blue cheese & balsamic dressing

Workout - Ripped in 30 (Jillian Michaels) 

Recovery - 1/2 cup 1% Choc milk

My yummy dinner salad:





By the way, I'm doing this with my sister Mary - you can read about her experience here on her 40 by 40 blog.



Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Don't think I would make it through if I wasn't doing this with you. You are an inspiration!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments - thanks for leaving me one!