Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Better Me Day Three (7 to go)

I really, really wanted rain this morning. Buckets and buckets of rain. It stormed and rained most of the night, so when I got up at 5:30am (my alarm worked, and no snooze), I immediately checked outside for rain. None. Just lots of humidity. So my 5-mile run was still on. Oh boy.

It was a tough run - my feet and hips were hurting, and it's been a while since I've attempted 5 hilly miles. I was slow, and not so sure. But did get it done. It wasn't my worst time, but it did take me and hour and nine minutes.

Lots of room for improvement between today and September 22 - Ache Around the Lake 8K. Last year I finished in 58 minutes, and I would like to beat that time this year, even if it's only by one minute.

But the good news is that exercise is DONE for today!! I had thought about trying to get out of it last night, but then heard from my sister who is also doing this challenge that she was going to have to do her run this morning. Well, hell, then I felt like I HAD to do mine this morning too. So we suffered together, so to speak.

Food has been on track today:

Pre-run - 1/2 banana, water

Recovery - 1 cup 1% choc milk

B  - Shake, 1/2 banana, honey, water

MS - Oats & Blueberries, almonds

L - Grilled chicken on greens, blue cheese, strawberries, balsamic dressing

AS - nonfat fage w/ minneola tangerine, almonds

D - salmon, brown rice, sauteed onions, peppers & spinach

Workout - 5 mile run/walk Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love comments - thanks for leaving me one!