Sunday, May 5, 2013

Prep Day for The Plan

Today was my major prep day as I'm starting The Plan (read about it here) tomorrow. The Plan starts with a 3 day cleanse.

The Cleanse rules:

Stop all supplements and medications, that I can safely, for the 3-day cleanse - to help liver rest.
Drink 1/2 my weight in ounces of water. All before 7:30pm.
Take liver detox each day
No exercise
Weigh myself first thing each morning - this will mess with my mind a bit, but I have to do it to      see if I have reacted to any food. A gain of .5 - 2 pounds means reaction.


Everyday for breakfast I will have Flax granola w/ coconut milk. So I made enough granola to last me through the week, hopefully. I had a 1/2 cup of it today as a snack, and it's pretty good. Won't be hard to eat at all.

Also today I roasted vegetables, made 2 different types of soup, and 2 kinds of vegetable side dishes.

This is what my first 3 days will look like:

Day 1 (cleanse)

Weigh
Drink 16 oz water
take liver detox

B - 1 cup flax granola, 1/2 cup blueberries, coconut milk

L - Carrot Ginger soup w/ raw sunflower seeds, Steamed broccoli w/ lemon oil, mixed greens w/ 1/2 pear & raw pumpkin seeds

S - apple

d - Sauteed kate & mushrooms w/ spicy coconut sauce, Beet & carrot salad w/ pumpkin seeds, Roasted veggies

Day 2 (cleanse)


Weigh
Drink 16 oz water
take liver detox


B - 1 cup flax granola, 1/2 cup blueberries, coconut milk

L - Carrot ginger soup w/ raw sunflower seeds, Mixed greens w/ 1/4 avocado and 1/2 apple, Broccoli w/ lemon oil

S - 1/2 pear w/ raw almonds

D - Sauteed kate & mushrooms, brown rice, pumpkin seeds, carroty & beet salad w/ sunflower seeds

Day 3 (cleanse)


Weigh
Drink 16 oz water
take liver detox


B - 1 cup flax granola w/ 1/2 apple or 1/2 cup blueberries, coconut milk

L - Work lunch outing - will order grilled chicken salad

S - 10-12 almonds, or if I reacted to almonds yesterday - then 1/2 apple or 1/2 pear

D -  mixed greens w 1/4 avocado, carrots & pumpkin seeds, Spicy Vegetable Soup



Roasted Vegetables


Flax Granola w/ cranberries

The only food that is processed is the Coconut milk, which I bought in the dairy section. It's very creamy and I do like it.

This Plan will take a lot of planning. After day 6 I have the option to continue the Plan as written for 20 days, or I can "Plan" 2-3 days a week, or I can stay on the "rest" days to lose more weight and inflammation.

Before I think that far ahead, I want to make it through this week!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love comments - thanks for leaving me one!